By: Salman Alvi
PARIS, France: Spiritual leader of Pakistani Shiites Agha Syed Hamid Ali Shah Moosavi, in a letter to UNESO head Irina Bokova, has demanded to reconstruct holy shrines in cemeteries of Jannatul Baqee and Jannatul Moalla in Saudi Arabia and try Saudi rulers in international criminal court on committing war crime of destruction of international cultural heritage.
According to 1954 Hague convention destruction international cultural Heritage is a war crime.
Complete text of the letter is:
Respected Ms. Irina Bokova
Director General UNESCO
The reconstruction of destroyed tombs by terrorists in the historical city of Mali; Timbuktu is a highly appreciable step taken by UNESCO. But the most suspicious thing is that the “vary act” which is still being held responsible for the destruction of holy tombs, cultural heritage and historical signs is being neglected by UNESCO, United Nations and other international organizations, and that act is the demolishing of the historical grave-yard of Janatul Baqi and Janatul Muella in the sacred cities of Makkah and Madinah in Saudi Arabia by the House of Saud in 1924 after getting political power in the country.
The House of Saud not only destroyed the tombs and graves of such historical importance but also proliferated the paradigms and ideologies for such destructions throughout the world by using the power of Oil. As a result several groups of religious fanatics and terrorists have been prepared in the name of Jihad (Holy War) across the globe. Now the situation has turned so bad that not only Islam but the other religions, their historical heritage, the signs of their founders and heroes, nothing is protected in any country. The world has seen the practical implementation of such paradigms of the House of Saud in Bamiyan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Bahrein, Libya, Tunis, Nigeria, Egypt and a number of other countries where the historical tombs were destroyed and grounded by bombing them. The House of Saud’s policy of imposing one’s own beliefs on others have now become a custom which has completely deteriorated peace of the world. Now even Saudi Arabia is not protected from the adverse influence of its own ideology because “he who digs a pit for others falls into it”.
Just because of the House of Saud’s subjective and pseudo-paradigms, the cultural heritage of one of the world’s largest religion; Islam, which had been a commemoration of the early days and development since 1400 years, now the coming generations have been deprived to see it. The most deplorable thing is that no international organization stopped the war criminals in accordance with the Hague Convention of 1954 and as a result, from 1924 till today, 95% of Islamic cultural heritage, the graves of the pious companions of the Holy Prophet Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH), his wives and pious descendants have been demolished while the other 5% are also facing the danger of becoming inexistent.
Being Chief Executive UNESCO, we humbly request you to stop the annihilation of Islamic Cultural signs by Saudi Government likewise the other countries and take steps to restore the former glory of the sacred cemeteries of Janatul Baqee and Janatul Muellah by reconstructing the wreckful tombs of the heroes of not only specifically Islam but of entire humanity. In accordance with the Hague Convention of 1954, action should be taken against those who are committing war crime destroying these historical and cultural signs by imposing their own ideology on others, or else the dream of establishing peace in the world would never become true.
Tehreek e Nafaz e Fiqh e Jafariya (TNFJ) has been raising its voice to restore the former glory of the Islamic heritage on the sacred land of Hijaz (now Saudi Arabia) for the last 30 years, and will keep on exerting its efforts until its naïve and justified demand is not fulfilled.
Agha Syed Hamid Ali Shah Moosavi
Head of Tehreek e Nafaz e Fiqh e Jafariya Pakistan.
Guardian Supreme Shia ulema Board
2 thoughts on “Pakistan Shia Leader demands UNESCO trial of Saudis on Baqee demolition war crime”
haye bibi fatima